Dementia care basic training
content of study
About the learning process
First of all, I would like to explain the purpose of this training.
After that, we will divide the book into five chapters: Introduction, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and Chapter 4.
Excluding the prologue, the four chapters from chapters 1 to 4 will be studied in this set.
For those who have completed all chapters"Diploma"will be issued.
The certificate of completion can be downloaded at any time from this e-learning system.
Below, we will introduce the learning content of each chapter based on the purpose of the training.
Purpose of training
Students will learn basic knowledge about the current situation surrounding people with dementia and their medical conditions, as well as acquire knowledge about basic dementia care techniques and how to respond based on this knowledge. Before learning, you will be asked questions to check your knowledge about dementia.
- Basics of understanding and responding to people with dementia
Introduction: Current situation surrounding dementia
Learn about the country's thinking and direction regarding dementia and dementia care while understanding actual efforts. In particular, we will understand what kind of society surrounding dementia is aiming for in the future.
- Trends in dementia measures in Japan (Summary of Dementia Measures Promotion Outline)
Chapter 1: Basic philosophy and ideas in dementia care
Through the voices of people with dementia and their daily lives, you will learn how to think and understand things that are centered on the person and their family. Learn the differences between old and current understandings of dementia, and acquire a patient-centered perspective.
- 1.Person-centered care
- 2. Prejudice and misunderstandings about people with dementia and their resolution
- 3. Caregiver's perspective
- 4. What is decision-making support in the daily and social lives of people with dementia?
Chapter 2: Definition of dementia and causative diseases
Learn about the difference between dementia and aging, and the characteristics of various dementias. Through animated examples, you will learn about the causes and symptoms of different types of dementia.
- 1. What is dementia ①・②
- 2. Diseases that cause dementia: Causes and main symptoms of Alzheimer's dementia
- 2. Causes and main symptoms of vascular dementia
- 2. Causes and main symptoms of Lewy body dementia
- 2. Causes and main symptoms of frontotemporal dementia
Chapter 3: Understanding the core symptoms and behavioral/psychological symptoms of dementia
Using Alzheimer's disease as an example, you will learn about the core symptoms, behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia, and how the core symptoms affect the person's psychology and lifestyle. You will also learn about desirable living conditions and ways to support your health.
- 1. Understanding the core symptoms and behavioral/psychological symptoms of dementia ① and ②
- 2. Impact of core symptoms on daily life
- 3. Impact of core symptoms on psychological aspects
- 4. How to understand behavioral and psychological symptoms and their causes
- 5. Environment for people with dementia ① and ②
- 6. Health management ①・②
Chapter 4: Basic technology for dementia care
Learn knowledge about dementia treatment and learn specific ways to interact with people with dementia. You will also learn how to interact with each symptom of dementia, the concept of team care involving multiple staff members, and support methods for family caregivers who care for people with dementia.
- 1. Treatment of dementia ①・②
- 2. Appropriate ways to interact with people with dementia (case study)
- 2. Appropriate ways to interact with people with dementia ②
- 3. Dealing with symptoms of dementia (case study)
- 3. Dealing with symptoms of dementia ②
- 4.What is the support method that respects the will?①
- 4.What is the support method that respects the will?②
- 5.Basics of team care
- 6. Understanding and support methods for family caregivers ①
- 6. Understanding and support methods for family caregivers ②
Issue a certificate of completion
A "Certificate of Completion" will be issued to those who have completed the study of all chapters. This certificate can be downloaded at any time from this e-learning system.